Thank you for your interest in Walla Walla Community College. Your first step to your future at WWCC begins here. Your choice to apply is the beginning of an unforgettable and rewarding experience. Our community, faculty, and staff are engaged, supportive, and excited for the opportunity to help you reach your academic goals.

If you will be pursuing an undergraduate degree as a full-time student (12 or more credits per quarter), you will most likely be issued an F-1 visa. An F-1 visa allows an international student to enter the United States to study in a language and/or academic program. If you are studying at WWCC on an F-1 visa, you must comply with U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requirements, as well as Walla Walla Community College requirements.


Form I-20

After you have accepted your offer to attend Walla Walla Community College, WWCC will issue you a Form I-20.

Form I-20 allows you to do three things:

  • Apply for an F-1 visa
  • Enter or re-enter the United States to pursue your studies
  • Receive other immigration benefits.

The I-20 also includes recent events such as employment authorization when applicable.

Do not let your Form I-20 expire. The I-20 must remain valid at all times throughout your study. You must request a new I-20 prior to the expiration date listed on page 1 of the form. 

Keep all Form I-20s you have received. You are advised to keep every Form I-20 issued to you for your permanent record. Do not discard old ones.


When You Enter the United States

  • Your passport must always be valid at least six months into the future.
  • An F-1 visa stamp that U.S. consular officials place in your passport indicates that you are eligible to enter or re-enter the United States as an F-1 student. It does not determine your length of stay in the United States.
    If your F-1 visa expires while you are in the United States: It is not necessary to renew your visa as long as you remain in the country and remain in active status. A visa can only be secured at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. Canadians do not require a visa.
  • I-94 Admission Record. The electronic record of your I-94, after arrival in the United States, along with a valid Form I-20, permits you to stay temporarily in the United States as an F-1 student.
  • What “F-1 D/S” Mean?
    “F-1 D/S” on your I-94. D/S stands for “duration of status.” It refers to the length of time you are permitted to remain temporarily in the United States to pursue a full course of study. If this is not noted, please contact the Office of International Programs immediately.


Travel History

Each time you enter the United States, your I-94 will be updated. It is a good idea to check your I-94 after each entry to ensure it still shows your F-1 status and D/S.


Renewing or Replacing your Passport

Lost or stolen? Report a lost or stolen passport to the police. Your home country government may require a police report before issuing a new passport. 

Renewing or Replacing your Passport: Contact your country’s consulate in the United States.


Please contact us for more information

We are happy to answer your questions and help you in any way we can

Office of International Programs
Walla Walla Walla Community College
500 Tausick Way Walla Walla, WA 99362 USA

Tel. 01-509-527-4283 | Fax: 01-509-524-4795
[email protected]